An industry with tradition
Since over 400 years the history of the region around Neuhaus am Rennweg is associated to the production and processing of glass in all of it´s facets. With the first concessioned glassworks in the valley of the creek Lauscha in the year 1597 the glassmakers Hans Greiner and Christoph Mueller laid the foundation for the glass production in this area.
First manual production of ampoules
Back in the year 1904 it was real hand crafting - this gave Thuringia the reputation to be the center of the glass manufacturing in Germany
Nationalisation in the time of the GDR
Between 1949 and 1989 a progressive nationalisation to the "VEB Glasverarbeitung Neuhaus" took place. With 1.200 employees working in 45 parts of the company the entire pharmaceutical industry of the GDR could be delivered.with vials and ampoules.
A new start after the German reunification
The foundation of the Thueringer Pharmaglas GmbH in 1990 was the new start after the reunion of Germany. First of all, it was a time of reorganisation, till 1993 the company was reduced from 45 to 3 effective company parts with about 120 employees.
Foundation of the Thueringer Pharmaglas GmbH & Co. KG
Due to a change of the owner, which secured the preservation of jobs, the Thueringer Pharmaglas GmbH & Co. KG was founded on 23.08.2005. In consequence of many investments since 2006 in modern production lines we were able to raise the maximum annual production quantities up to 260 Mio. vials and ampoules. Our production and optoelctronic measurement technology, meets the requirements of todays quality standards and secures a high level of manufacturing precisision.